We are soliciting proposals for session and speaker ideas for the 8th Annual Silicon Valley Bicycle Summit (links to info from last year). The date of the Bike Summit is TBD in August 2018.
The Bike Summit is a weekday, one-day conference intended to educate the community on key issues related to bicycling in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties as well as bring together people working in this field. Attendees are usually citizen activists, city and county staff, elected officials, business representatives, consultants, non-profit workers, Bike and Pedestrian Advisory Committee members, and others working in transportation. Last year we had almost 250 attendees.
We are soliciting proposals for session and speaker ideas via this form. Please share this form broadly so we can have a dynamic and varied Bike Summit. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2018. Decisions on sessions will be made in April and May 2018. Depending on the proposals we receive, we may merge topics and speakers into a single session.
Benefits of presenting at the Silicon Valley Bike Summit:
- Exposure to an audience of over 200 transportation stakeholders and decision-makers
- Educate community leaders on important issues related to bicycling
- Gain support for your project/idea
- Inspire similar projects in our region
Some topics we are interested in:
- The intersections of housing and transportation
- Bike Share
- Transportation justice
- Funding for bicycle projects
- New policies around transportation and bicycling
- El Camino Real
- Vision Zero
- Behavior change
- Innovative bike infrastructure
- Innovative bike plans
- Bikes + Transit
- Reaching out to/engaging diverse bike riders in terms of age, gender, race, ethnicity
SVBC strongly encourages proposals on topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion and from speakers who represent the linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic diversity of our area.
Have questions about the proposal process or the event in general? Email Emma@bikesiliconvalley.org
Would your employer like to sponsor this event? Email Lyndsey@bikesiliconvalley.org for more information.