*NOTE: We are still solidifying details for BTWD 2018. Please use this page as a reference for now and we’ll have information updated for 2018 soon!
May is National Bike Month, and Bike to Work Day, this year on May 10, 2018, is our biggest event of the year. We can’t make it happen without your help! We have a few open volunteer positions to support Bike to Work Day and other Bike Month Activities.
Volunteer positions available:
- Come to our awesome bag stuffing party. We will be stuffing 10,750 Bike to Work Day musette bags for participants riding their bikes to work on May 10th. This bag stuffing is one of our biggest volunteer days of the year. With the great support of Sports Basement, we can make it happen. Food and beverages will be provided for all volunteers.
- The Bike Away from Work Bash is a relaxed, fun event to conclude Bike to Work Day. There will be beer, food, music and friends (oh, and free valet bicycle parking)! To put on this great event, we need your help. Volunteer for a shift parking bikes or helping out with registration, then join the party!
- Outreach Captain: With more than 100 Energizer Stations spread throughout Santa Clara and San Mateo County, we are in need of volunteer Outreach Captains to represent SVBC at these locations. Encourage people to join SVBC by buying a BTWD t-shirt, and share information about our work and programs. Mandatory training sessions, held in April in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, will give you all the tools you need. This volunteer opportunity requires availability from 6-10am on Bike to Work Day, May 10. Your location will be determined in advance, and based on your preference.
Outreach Captain training sign up: TBD
- Bike to Work Day Coordinators: Do you have a few free weekdays in April or May? We are in need of volunteers who can come in during our normal weekday office hours to help with poster shipments, t-shirt inventory and shipments, and other general Bike to Work Day assistance as needed. We will be needing volunteers at least once a week beginning in early April through Mid-May for 2-4 hour shifts.
- Social Ride Leader: SVBC is an active supporter of volunteer-led social rides, which encourages new people to ride a bike, provides the bicycling community with fun and interesting activities, and creates awareness of various issues affecting bicyclists. Recent social rides include an Urban Farm Bike Ride, the Coffee Crawl Ride, and the upcoming Community Mural Bike Tour. Are you interested in leading a social ride in your community during Bike Month? We can provide all the training and tools to make it a success!
- Tabling Volunteers: We have a need for individuals to represent SVBC at the many Earth Day and National Bike Month events throughout April and May in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Hours vary, but would likely be a 3-4 hour time commitment during the weekday. The ability to transport tabling materials and travel to event locations is necessary. Training will be provided, and you would have the ability to pick and choose events.
These are great opportunities to have a big impact on the success of this event, and to connect with the organizations, businesses, and people that make up the bike community in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above positions, contact AK Leung, Communications and Outreach Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other BTWD questions, contact Allison Greenlee, Events Coordinator at: email@example.com.