This week we spotlight SVBC member Roy Leonard, of San Jose Bike Party! Read on to hear his story of how he got involved in the bicycling community.
- How did you get introduced to Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition?
Through San Jose Bike Party I met some great volunteers that introduced me to Silicon Valley Bike Coalition.
- What kind of activities and trips do you use your bicycle for?
I’m privileged to take the Guadalupe River Trail as a Daily commute. But I get the most enjoyment out of riding with some fantastic friends and exploring San Jose.
- Among your friends and people you know who don’t ride a bike, what do you think would help encourage them to get out there?
Joining enthusiastic experienced riders who can demonstrate the joy of cycling and how to explore the city in a safe and confident manner.
- What do you think needs to be done to achieve 10% of trips taken by bike by 2025 in Silicon Valley?
Continuing the path towards a total Bike Network that enables safe trips all over the county. Also having friends that love to explore areas on a bike and are willing to share their enthusiasm with others.
- Share with us what a dream day on your bike looks like.
Hanging with friends, some good music, getting some “Miles for Smiles”.
- What would you say to someone considering becoming a member of SVBC? And why do you support SVBC?
SVBC is the leading organization in the South Bay area that advocates for Vision Zero and a better biking infrastructure. Though SVBC, we’ll get the enjoyable bike environment that we want and deserve.
-Roy Leonard, Member of San Jose Bike Party & Silicon Valley Bike Coalition.