*Events marked with an asterisk (*) are not organized by Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.
The City of San José Department of Transportation is leading an effort to repave and implement Complete Street elements along Great Oaks Boulevard, between Highway 85 and Santa Teresa, and San Ignacio Avenue between Bernal and Endmoor (see project map). As part of this project, the City plans to incorporate bike lanes, requiring on-street parking removal in non-residential areas. This meeting will gather community input on the draft design plans.
• Improve Safety by decreasing vehicle speeds, enhancing pedestrian crossings, and enhancing and/or adding new bike lanes
• Provide Safe Routes to School to Bernal Intermediate School, Stratford School
• Improve Access to Transit by bike and foot: VTA Bus Lines 42, 68, 102, 122, 182, 304, and Santa Teresa Light Rail
• Improve neighborhood livability and quality of life by slowing traffic and creating a more comfortable environment to walk and bike
• Leverage resources by implementing with the City’s annual (2017) Pavement Maintenance Program
For more information, please attend this community meeting on June 22nd, or contact Peter Bennett at email@example.com or 408.795.1610.