*Events marked with an asterisk (*) are not organized by Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.
Ride Leader Training – Better Bikeways Network
February 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
If you like bikes, people and organizing, SVBC has a fun and unique
leadership opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a diverse group of enthusiastic folks to help us create and implement a spring ride series to highlight the Better Bikeways network in downtown San Jose. Ultimately, our goal is to introduce the new bikeways to people who live, work, play and ride in San Jose. We’re super excited for our spring biking adventures and hope you will join us! In collaboration with local organizations we plan to not only highlight the network, but to showcase the diverse communities within San Jose. Got an idea for a fun and engaging ride? We’d love to hear it!
This opportunity is open to motivated individuals, who are comfortable with urban bicycling, live in the area and have a passion for promoting healthy transportation. We’re especially seeking persons who can help with outreach efforts and build relationships within key neighborhoods.
– Attend our Ride Leader Training class on Thursday, January 24th, 6-8pm or Wednesday, February 20th, 6-8pm (2 hours)
– Help co-lead at least one group ride between February and May, 2019 (there are six rides total) (6 hours)
– Recruit participants by promoting the ride series and providing outreach (2 hours)
– Total commitment is about 7 hours of your time
*Upon completion, you’ll earn a water bottle, t-shirt and a small stipend.
RIDE LEADER EXPECTATIONS:
– Participate in outreach initiatives with the goal of introducing rides to new individuals throughout key neighborhoods
– Work with SVBC programs staff as lead point of contact for selected neighborhoods
– Strive to communicate the benefits of healthy transportation in relation to the community, personal health, environment impacts, and the first/last mile of transit
– Provide enthusiastic friendly assistance before, during and after group rides
Food and beverage will be provided during this training :)
If you have questions, please contact our Director of Programs, Ann Jasper, email@example.com
Thank you to the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) for helping to make this series possible through partnership, collaboration, and sponsorship.