*Events marked with an asterisk (*) are not organized by Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.
- This event has passed.
*Minnesota Avenue Project meeting
September 5, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The City of San José Department of Transportation is repaving Minnesota Avenue between Weaver Drive and Alma Avenue. As part of this project, the City is exploring ways to calm traffic and make the street more complete and comfortable for all roadway users, including people walking and biking. At this meeting, we will share a feasible design option that would:
- reconfigure travel lanes from four lanes to three between Weaver and Alma, and
- remove on-street parking between Lincoln Avenue and Alma Avenue (most of this parking is currently time-limited and infrequently used)
This option would allow the installation of bike lanes. Whether these changes are incorporated or not, repaving work is expected to occur during fall 2017.
- Improve safety by decreasing vehicle speeds, improving motor vehicle safety turning into and out of driveways, improving pedestrian crossing, and adding new bike lanes
- Provide Safe Routes to School to Willow Glen, Hammer, and Galarza Elementary Schools (via Bird)
- Improve access to transit and trails by bike and foot: VTA bus lines 64 & 82 and Three Creeks Trail
- Improve neighborhood livability by slowing traffic and creating a more comfortable place to walk and bike
- Leverage resources by implementing in conjunction with the City’s annual pavement maintenance program
For more information, attend this community meeting on September 5, 2017 or contact John Brazil at email@example.com or 408-975-3206.