May is National Bike Month, and Bike to Work Day, on May 9th, is SVBC’s biggest event of the year. We can’t make it happen without your help! Below are our volunteer positions to support Bike to Work Day and other Bike Month Activities.
- Tote Bag Stuffing – Join one of our biggest volunteer days of the year! With your help and the support of Sports Basement, we will prepare and stuff goodies into 11,000 Bike to Work Day tote bags. Lunch and beverages will be provided for all volunteers. Sign up here: Tote Bag Stuffing Party!
- The Bike Away from Work Bash is a relaxed, fun event to conclude Bike to Work Day. There will be beer, food, music and friends (oh, and free valet bicycle parking)! Volunteer for a shift parking bikes or helping out with registration, then join the party! Sign up here: Bike Away From Work Bash
- Outreach Captain: We need volunteer Outreach Captains to represent SVBC at some of our key Energizer Stations. Encourage people to join SVBC by buying a BTWD t-shirt, and share information about our work and programs. Mandatory training sessions, held in April in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, will give you all the tools you need. This volunteer opportunity requires availability from 6-10am on Bike to Work Day, May 9. Your location will be determined in advance, and based on your preference.
Outreach Captain training sign up.
- Bike to Work Day Prep – Got idle time? We could use your help any time in April with mailings, sign making and more! Contact Allison Greenlee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Tabling Volunteers: We have a need for individuals to represent SVBC at the many Earth Day and National Bike Month events throughout April and May in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Hours vary, but would likely be a 3-4 hour time commitment during the weekday. The ability to transport tabling materials and travel to event locations is necessary. Training will be provided, and you would have the ability to pick and choose events.
These are great opportunities to have a big impact on the success of this event, and to connect with the organizations, businesses, and people that make up the bike community in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.