Our purpose is to create a healthy community, environment, and economy through bicycling for people who live, work, or play in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
We envision a community that values, includes, and encourages bicycling for all purposes for all people.
Our central goal is to see that 10% of trips are taken by bike by 2025.
2025 Strategic Outcomes
In support of our goal of 10% of trips by bike in 2025, we have identified a number of key outcomes we are working to achieve by 2025 as a result of our programs and initiatives:
- All people feel safe on bikes in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
- Bicycling is accepted as a normal part of everyday life.
- Bicycling is accessible, convenient, and fun.
- Bicycling is integrated into youth education and the culture of future generations.
- People utilize bicycling as a core component of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Local & regional governments and community leaders look to SVBC for trusted expertise.
- Bicycling is recognized as a key indicator for quality of life, economic wellbeing, and talent retention for Silicon Valley.
At SVBC, we think how we accomplish our goals is extremely important, and we support our mission, vision, and outcomes with the following principles:
- Connection to the community
- Diversity and Inclusion