1. El Camino Real Specific Plan EIR Scoping hearing – May 23
Santa Clara is holding a public hearing on the scoping for the El Camino Real Environmental Impact Review (EIR) on Thursday, May 23. The purpose of this meeting is to gather input from you on what should be studied in the EIR.
When: Thursday, May 23, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Where: Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Rd, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Please encourage the city to study the following as part of the EIR scope.
- The EIR should study at least 7,004 new homes along the corridor
- The EIR should study the following mode share goals:
• 15% of trips made by bicycle and other personal transportation devices including e-bikes, e-scooters, e-skateboards, etc.
• 15% of trips made on foot
• 20% of trips made by utilizing public transportation
- The EIR should study the impact of dedicating a travel lane on El Camino Real to public transportation and or active mobility on the environment. This does not mean the city will move forward with this change, but by studying it, the impacts would be better understood.
- The EIR already includes studying removing parking along El Camino Real to create right of way for protected bicycle lanes, but you can state that you think this is important to study.
If you want to send an email, Send it to MayorAndCouncil@santaclaraca.gov . Please send comments in your own words. Councilmembers prefer personal messages. Recommended talking points: your name, where you’re from, how bike lanes on El Camino Real would benefit you, how you would use the bike lanes, what would make you feel safe, etc.
2. Bicycle and Scooter Share public hearing – May 23
Later the same night, Santa Clara is hosting a public input meeting on Bicycle and Scooter Sharing. Please encourage the council to adopt bicycle share and scooter share friendly policies. Bicycle and e-scooter sharing create very effective transportation alternatives for short trips that are low cost and are more sustainable.
When: Thursday, May 23, 6:30 pm to 8:00 p.m
Where: Northside Library, Northside Community Room, 695 Moreland Way, Santa Clara, CA 95054
If you want to send an email, send it to MayorAndCouncil@santaclaraca.gov . Please send comments in your own words. Councilmembers prefer personal messages. Recommended talking points: your name, where you’re from, how having a good bicycle and scooter share program in Santa Clara would benefit you and other residents.
Image: Example of a Class IV protected bike way from SFBAYCA.org