There is now a new phase of the Dumbarton Corridor planning process and we need your help to support healthy and active transportation options for all people along the corridor.
As you may remember, last June SamTrans made an agreement with Facebook and Plenary Group to do feasibility, technical, and environmental planning studies of different options for the corridor. Before that, SVBC worked alongside many great partners to insure that a multiuse trail was one of the options from Redwood City to the Dumbarton Bridge along the underutilized rail line.
Now, Facebook and Plenary Group have created CrossBay Transit Partners to continue this work and we want to ensure that community voices and needs are part of the process. There are four upcoming meetings on the Peninsula and the East Bay. Can you attend one and speak up for what transportation options would serve you best? In particular, we want to see a bike and pedestrian trail alongside future rail, like the SMART corridor project in Marin and Sonoma Counties (See map here and more info here). The public meetings will acquaint the community with the project partners, and will allow the community to learn about the project background, goals, funding, timeline and process.
- Newark Meeting
- Saturday, February 23, from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Newark Pavilion, 6430 Thornton Ave.
- Redwood City Meeting
- Wednesday, February 27, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Veterans Memorial Senior Center, 1455 Madison Ave.
- Fremont Meeting
- Thursday, February 28, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Centerville Community Center, 3355 County Drive
- Menlo Park Meeting
- Saturday, March 2, from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Menlo Park Senior Center, 110 Terminal Avenue
If you have questions or want to continue to get updates about this project, please contact Emma@bikesiliconvalley.org