Reports To: Executive Director
Location: San Jose, CA
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) is a non-profit membership-based organization that seeks to create a healthy community, environment, and economy through bicycling for people who live, work, or play in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. We have a goal of 10% of trips taken by bicycle by 2025.
SVBC is seeking someone who can keep the office in order, make sure the organization complies with all rules and regulations that govern nonprofits, oversee the financial management of the organization and be the person in the office that makes it so that everyone else can do the program and policy work of the organization smoothly. In addition to being extremely organized, this person must have that unique and important blend of attention to detail, patience with recalcitrant but well-meaning colleagues (who need prodding to get in their timesheets) and an affinity for supporting a 10-person team of folks who care about improving the community through the bicycle. This person is also the problem solver in the office. Random issues that come up and don’t fall neatly into anyone’s job description are eagerly tackled by SVBC’s solutions-oriented Administration Manager.
On any given day, the SVBC Administration Manager will:
- Submit, track and approve payroll to Paychex
- Submit and track requests for insurance certificates – this never ends as there are always requests for insurance certificates!
- Troubleshoot IT and tech problems
- Manage employee access and problems with gmail, basecamp, and Box
- Track invoices and follow up with unpaid bills using Salesforce
- Respond to random phone calls from members who have questions
- Track and order office supplies
- Update PTO tracking spreadsheet
- Water the plants
- Handle the in-house requirements of the organization’s bookkeeping such as submitting to FASS all employee expenses for reimbursements and other bills
- Call office property management because it’s too cold in the office
- Argue with a bank representative because they need yet another signature on something
Salary is commensurate with experience.
▪ Manages and tracks Accounts Receivable, including grants and contracts tracked through Salesforce.
▪ Manages payroll and employee benefits and workers compensation.
▪ Manages bank accounts and outsourced bookkeeping functions.
▪ Manages financial relationship with fiscally sponsored projects.
▪ Manages sales tax and interfaces with treasurer and ED to coordinate IRS filings.
▪ Manages filings with Secretary of State, Board of Equalization, County of Santa Clara, USPS, etc.
▪ Serves as the head of HR.
▪ Manages payroll, health plans, 401k, staff and board onboarding processes, manages staff terminations.
▪ Prepares updates to the employee handbook.
▪ Manages employee files.
▪ Manages contract administration including insurance requirements, invoicing, etc.
▪ Assists ED with management of Board of Directors including the annual election.
▪ Keeps records per SVBC’s Record Retention Policy.
▪ Manages office, central files, answers phones, filters incoming mail, orders supplies, etc.
▪ Interface with building management, oversee all leases and office moves.
▪ Provides program support as needed.
▪ Supports the membership and development team by entering membership and contract info into Salesforce
Please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.