Whew. Hear that? That’s the sound of our staff taking a collective breath following Bike To Work Month, arguably the busiest and most fun time of the year for our crew. It’s been hectic and joyful, and we are once again proud of the victories we’ve achieved.
Not all victories can be quantified (how do you measure the joy of a good bike commute?) but a few can. Here are a few of those numbers:
- Bike rodeo participants: 900
- Bike night participants: 150
- Schools that held a bike rodeo: 7
- Schools that had bike night or lunchtime activities: 3
- Energizer Stations: 157
- Volunteer Sign Ups: 221
- Silicon Valley Bike To Work Day participants: 44,000!
Thank you to everyone who helped make Bike To Work Day a HUGE success, from participants to energizer station hosts to outreach captains. We couldn’t have done it without you, and we can’t wait to do it again next year!