Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) is a non-profit membership-based organization that seeks to create a healthy community, environment, and economy through bicycling for people who live, work, or play in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. We have a goal of 10% of trips taken by bicycle by 2025.
After almost a decade with the organization, SVBC’s administrative manager has decided to retire. While she will be hard to replace, SVBC is seeking someone who can keep the office in order, make sure the organization complies with all rules and regulations that govern nonprofits, handles the financial management and overall is the person in the office that makes it so that everyone else can do the program and policy work of the organization smoothly. This person must have that unique and important blend of attention to detail, patience with recalcitrant but well meaning colleagues (who need prodding to get in their timesheets) and an affinity for supporting a 10-person, fast paced team of folks who care about improving the community through the bicycle.
It is also very important that candidates have accounting experience. Much of the job is deep in spreadsheets. Also, we’re looking for someone who is extremely organized, mature, detail oriented and who can manage up.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Manages and tracks Accounts Receivable, including grants and contracts tracked through Salesforce.
- Manages payroll and employee benefits and workers compensation.
- Manages bank accounts and outsourced bookkeeping functions.
- Manages financial relationship with fiscally sponsored projects.
- Manages sales tax and interfaces with treasurer and ED to coordinate IRS filings.
- Manages filings with Secretary of State, Board of Equalization, County of Santa Clara, USPS, etc.,
- Serves as the head of HR.
- Manages payroll, health plans, 401k, staff and board onboarding processes, manages staff terminations.
- Prepares updates to the employee handbook.
- Manages employee files.
- Manages contract administration including insurance requirements, invoicing, etc.
- Assists ED with management of Board of Directors including the annual election.
- Keeps records per SVBC’s Record Retention Policy.
- Assists ED with special projects and helps coordinate calendar, travel, etc.
- Manages office, central files, answers phones, filters incoming mail, orders supplies, etc.
- Interface with building management, oversee all leases and office moves.
- Update and order stationary, manage office supplies.
- Provides program support as needed.
- Supports the membership and development team by entering membership and contract info into Salesforce
How to Apply
Send a compelling cover letter and resume, including your desired salary, in PDF form to email@example.com. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled.