Reports To: Bike Parking Program Manager
Status: Part-time, seasonal
Location: San Jose, CA
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) is a non-profit membership-based organization that seeks to create a healthy community, environment, and economy through bicycling for people who live, work, or play in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. We have a goal of 10% of trips taken by bicycle by 2025.
In the past nine years, SVBC’s staff size has grown from one to ten employees, and our impact can be seen across the two counties we serve. There has never been a more exciting time to be a part of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition!
SVBC is hiring a Bike Parking Shift Supervisor to manage bicycle parking on scheduled days at Levi’s Stadium and other events contracted with various cities and event organizers. This position will include full responsibility for security of bicycles, supervision of bicycle parking volunteers, and solving problems as they arise. If you are an effective and engaging communicator who is passionate about improving our world by making bicycling easier for everyone, this is the position for you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Inventory materials and resources needed for each event
- Coordinate transportation of said materials and ensure their return to office
- Manage volunteers with assistance from SVBC staff
- Communicate with other bike parking supervisors and bike parking programs manager regularly for quality assurance
- Supervise bike parking corral at events
- Ensure utmost security of corrals
- Resolve any disputes between corral users and/or direct to Manager
- Track usage and sales, if any, at each event.
- Prepare information for reports for each event to be utilized for future planning
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and programs of SVBC to users
- Ensure that all corral users have a top quality customer experience
- Respond in a timely fashion to SVBC staff regarding staffing/scheduling for events
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Familiar with working in an office environment
- Ability to communicate within a team to achieve the greater goals
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Access to car and cellphone
The right candidate for SVBC’s Bike Parking Shift Supervisor position will:
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador of SVBC’s mission and vision
- Thrive in an outdoor and often harsh weather (hot/wet/cold) environment
- Have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Prior experience with bicycle valet services
Hourly rate of $20
How to Apply:
Send a compelling cover letter and resume, saved in PDF format, to email@example.com. Please include “Bike Parking Shift Supervisor Candidate, [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SVBC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex or age.