Do you love overseeing all the fine details of a big event? What about four or five of them a year? Not enough, you say? You want to manage multiple small events throughout the year as well? If you answered yes to all these questions, you might be the perfect candidate for SVBC’s Event Coordinator!
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) is a non-profit membership organization that promotes bicycling for people in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, with the goal of having 10% of trips taken by bicycle by 2025.
In the past eight years, SVBC’s budget has grown from $40K to $800K annually, primarily through grants, contracts, and event sponsorship. Staff size has grown from one to eight employees. There has never been a more exciting time to be a part of Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition!
SVBC is hiring an Event Coordinator to manage the implementation of all of our events, including Bike to Work Day, our annual fundraising dinner, and our Silicon Valley Bike Summit (a one-day advocacy conference).
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement three large events and various smaller member events each year. Large events include Bike to Work Day, our Annual Dinner, and our Silicon Valley Bike Summit. Be primarily responsible for all logistical components of events.
- Grow corporate sponsorship through events and collaborative partnership with other local bicycle advocacy groups. Grow current sponsor opportunities and cultivate new sponsors including multi-event sponsorships.
- Design and implement events that grow the bicycle movement, increase our membership, and generate revenue to support our programs and advocacy work.
- Build a reserve of in-kind donations of goods and services for use as auction items for events and giveaways.
- Cultivate relationships with event sponsors, donors, partners, participants, volunteers and vendors.
- Assist staff with other events as they arise, including but not limited to bike parking, media events, and general outreach.
We offer a collaborative, mission-driven environment that engages, challenges, and supports team members in reaching inspired levels of performance. This position reports to and will work closely with the Development Director as well as the Membership & Volunteer Coordinator and the Advocacy Coordinator, depending on the event.
Fiscal and Administrative Management
- Work with the Development Director to create and work within event budgets.
- Engage with Salesforce, SVBC’s customer relationship management tool, to ensure efficient and dynamic communication with sponsors, partners, and supporters.
The right candidate for SVBC’s Event Coordinator position will:
- Have a passion for SVBC’s mission of creating a livable and bike-friendly Silicon Valley and SF Peninsula.
- Have two or more years of event management experience including customer relationship management, sponsorship solicitation & cultivation, and logistical expertise.
- Have management experience leading teams of volunteers not under your direct supervision to implement and achieve well-defined goals.
- Be computer-literate and internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with social media required. Familiarity with the Adobe suite and some level of graphic design experience preferred. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter.
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Have the ability to pay attention to detail and meet deadlines on time.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively with people of all ages, abilities, cultural groups, economic status, and sexual orientation.
- Be able to work occasional evenings and some weekends throughout the year.
- Have access to a vehicle for transportation of supplies and people to and from events, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is to be determined, depending upon experience. This is a full-time, exempt position with a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Send a compelling cover letter and resume, saved as PDFs, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 15. Please include “Event Coordinator Candidate, [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised and what your salary requirements are. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SVBC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.