How are you promoting the bicycle everyday?
Volunteering is the easiest way you can help spread our message. With the help of our volunteers, we've been able to:
- Provide safe bikes, through our Bicycle Exchange, for children and adults who cannot afford them all year round.
- Teach thousands of students helmet and traffic safety skills at local elementary and middle schools through our Safe Routes to School programs.
- Get funding to expand trails by providing trail use statistics in yearly trail counts.
- Encourage bicyclists and motorists to share the road, by handing out cycling awareness information.
- Regularly hand out bike maps and encouragement by attending local community fairs and events.
- Decrease traffic and air pollution at events by providing valet bicycle parking services.
- Increase bicycle awareness by increasing our membership.
Let's face it - without you, SVBC loses its power and reach. So, how are you making bicycling a viable mode of transportation in Silicon Valley?
Here are some ways you can help. One of your hours can go a long way! Fill out our contact form at the bottom of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of the roles below. Also, be sure to check our calendar for upcoming volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule.
Keep us informed about your local advocacy issues, events, and volunteer opportunities, all while getting to know your bike advocate neighbors.
We get contacted all the time with questions about who we are, what we do, and how to navigate a certain bike route. We need volunteers to donate an hour or two of their time weekly to help these people in a timely fashion.
These mechanically minded volunteers build and shine up old bikes to give to children and individuals who cannot afford them. Amateurs and professionals are welcome.
We offer bicycle valet parking at a number of events, where our volunteers provide a watchful eye and safe assurance to many bicyclists. Join our team of bike parking pros to encourage travel by bike to our area's races, festivals, concerts, and sporting events!
Our weekly e-bulletin is always looking for interesting bike events and related topics to cover, and staff can't possible travel to every BPAC and city council meeting in our two counties. Let us know if you're interested in preparing a weekly or monthly rundown of the bike issues in your town.
Who doesn't need great pictures? These photo-eyed folks attend our events to take some awesome pictures. Let us know if you're interested today, and we'll tell you about the next event.
Between fliers, postcards, or stickers, we're always looking for great graphic designers that can help us emphasize how awesome bicycling is.
Whether we're entering in volunteer forms or signing up new members, we're always in need of somebody who has the time to enter very important information in our databases.
By representing the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition at various fairs and events and setting up tables in which residents can pick up bicycling maps and brochures, these volunteers help introduce Silicon Valley to the possibility of a more bicycle friendly community.
Contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com to sign up for any of these positions! Have a special talent we haven't thought of using? Let us know!