Our Strength Comes from Our Members
Perhaps you love the freedom to ride your bike all over town. Perhaps you have fond memories of riding your bike as a child, but you don't feel it's safe now. Perhaps you'd just like to get more people out of their cars so there is less congestion when you need to drive somewhere.
SVBC wants to enable people to ride their bikes safely wherever and whenever they choose to. Let's make that a possibility for everyone today!
Through the support of our members, we're actively working on improving the bicycling conditions of both San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition members use their voices in communicating with their governments, on the local, state, and national levels. Our members have been effective in changing policies and street layouts, thereby creating more opportunities for bicycling on safer streets. Get involved and help change the future of bicycling in Silicon Valley.
Besides knowing that their support is helping people use their bikes for transportation and recreation, our members also receive:
- Discounts at local bike stores.
- An outlet at our general meetings to share their ideas and concerns with many knowledgeable cyclists in the Silicon Valley.
- The opportunity to turn beliefs into action, fight pollution and make the Bay Area a better place.
- A charitable deduction. We are a 501(c)(3), therefore membership fees and donations are tax deductible!
- Access to information about bicycle-related issues facing San Mateo and Santa Clara County residents and employees.
To join, renew, or give a gift membership, please fill out our secure form.
You may also mail a check payable to SVBC to:
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
1922 The Alameda, Ste. 420
San José, CA 95126