If you know how to balance and pedal but would like to improve your bicycle handling skills and confidence, perhaps to prepare for commuting or errand-running, this on-bike, off-street practice session is for you. Your instructors will demonstrate, and attend to you as you practice:
- Mounting and dismounting confidently
- Starting up without hesitation; stopping safely and smoothly
- Turning confidently without wobbling
- Scanning behind without veering, to check for gaps in traffic
- Steering confidently with one hand, to give a hand signal or use a water bottle
- Smoothly changing your line of travel to the left or right
Bring your working bicycle and bike helmet.
Instructors: John Ciccarelli, League Cycling Instructor, and Jane Rothstein, HIP Coordinator of Environmental Behavior Change.
Location: Stanford Campus Parking Lot TBD (directions to be given before class)