The Los Altos City Council last night voted to delay any action on the future of the BPAC. This comes at a unique time in the city's transportation future. Since the city's footprint consists of predominately single-story, single-family residences on large lots surrounded by interstates, expressways, state highways, boulevards and arterials, auto congestion is becoming the norm rather than the exception.
Current pedestrian and cycling issues are:
- The city is currently working on both a bicycle plan and a pedestrian plan.
- Revisions to the Neighborhood Traffic Management Plan (NTMP) process
- Although Blach Middle School has made great strides with getting kids to walk and ride to school the council will delay until June the decision on any additional auto traffic mitigation around the school.
- The city is currently looking at applying for designation as a Bicycle Friendly Community.
- The BPAC currently has a vacancy. If you are a Los Altos resident and would like to serve please refer to the BPAC link.