For at last two years, the Wikipedia page for "Santa Clara County Expressway System" at this link:
had absolutely no information about bicyclists, pedestrians, SVBC or MTS and their history regarding expressways. So, I learned how to write/edit Wikipedia and added the history of SVBC and MTS regarding expressways. It took me about 60 hours to write that and generate references and links and I uploaded all that last Friday (12/3/10). Now, somebody is trying to delete everything. Their stated reason is:
• Disagreement with the word "System". I explained this "System" is an administrative and a legal term, and these 8 roads have a related history. Furthermore, I should have pointed out that for over two years, nobody had a problem with "System" until I added the bicyclist and pedestrian sections.
• The other reason is "Tone". I'm not sure what they mean, but there is no disagreement by any contributor to this web page, and I didn't delete any prior information. Instead of just being about motorists, I added the bicycle/pedestrian/transit history and descriptions.
Are you (or do you know) experienced Wikipedia writers/editors who is/are also familiar with bicycling along expressways? Wikipedia is now taking comments whether they should "keep" or "delete" this entire web page.
I also added photos showing bike/ped facilities. All prior photos were obviously taken by somebody while driving a car at the same time. It's dramatic to see the difference in perspectives.
Here are the sections or subsections I wrote of this web page (while other sections existed previously):
• Confusion with freeways, and reduced safety
• History > Pre-existing roads [subsection]
• Prohibitions and decades of conflict: Non-motorists versus highway/traffic engineers [all subsections]
• County Expressway Plan
• System designation and an expressway not in system > System designation [subsection]
To comment, click "this article's entry" near top of the web page.
Call me if any questions at 408 221 0694.