The Company Bike Challenge is a fun and friendly cycling competition among companies throughout the Bay Area that encourages friends and colleagues to commute by bike during the month of May. Cyclists competing in the Team Bike Challenge will earn points for their team and company every time they ride their bike to work, the park, or any other destination. It’s also another great way to show other companies in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties that you are a commuting champion.
To compete, individuals sign up on the Team Bike Challenge registration page and choose their company from a pull-down menu. Points will then be counted toward that company. There are three categories for companies, and the company with the highest point total in each category wins!
For complete rules and to register your company, visit teambikechallenge.com. Company Bike Challenge participants need only sign up and join their company. You can also join as a team for the Team Bike Challenge if you’d like.
2014 Registration will open in April, and the Challenge begins on May 1.
Company categories are:
- Small Business (1-50 Local Employees)
- Medium Company (50-300 Local Employees)
- Large Corporation (300+ Local Employees)
Why your company should compete:
- Exercise increases energy levels and relieves stress. The greater the number of participants in your company, the more the company will benefit from the productivity increase associated with physical activity.
- Everyone works together. Competition is an excellent way to train the group skills that your company thrives on. And you don’t have to wait until the next team-building exercise retreat.
- You have a great company! The Company Bike Challenge is your opportunity to show the rest of Silicon Valley.
- Give your competitors a ride for their money while letting your employees have another thing to boast about.
2013 Company Bike Challenge Winners:
Following is a list of all the top performers in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
Santa Clara County
- First – Apple Inc.
- Second – Tesla Motors
- Third – Specialized
- First – LitePoint
- Second – Mark Thomas & Company
- Third – REI Mountain View
- First – DNAnexus
- Second – Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Third – NetCitadel
San Mateo County
- First – SRI International
- Second – Genentech
- Third – SunEdison
- First – REI San Carlos
- Second – Coraid
- Third – Proteus Digital Health
- First – Blekko
- Second – Tableau Software
- Third – Stottler Henke
To view the complete 2013 list of standings, visit youcanbikethere.org.