This report comes from Bob Page, Vice-Chair of the Woodside Bicycle Committee
Special Event Use Permits
Reviewed 8 special event permit applications for organized bike rides passing through Woodside and made recommendations to Town Council. Directed events to use main roadways and to staff road marshals at critical intersections.
Road Maintenance Program
Contributed to elements of the Annual Road Program relating to the Town's bikeways:
- · Recommended curbs and barriers at Canada Road/Runnymeade intersection to keep debris out of bike lane.
- · Advised on placement of bike lane markings on Kings Mountain Rd between 84 and Manuella Rd.
- · Notified on need to remove debris from bike lanes and cut back brush.
- · Maintained a Road Maintenance Spreadsheet.
- · Submitted list of Sa
- - Pursued availability of funds to improve school crosswalks.
fe Routes to School issues to Town Engineer.
Provided input to Planning Director on bicycle and pedestrian needs and concerns for update of the Circulation Element on the Town's General Plan, including the need for bicycle traffic counts.
Access and Parking
- · Recommended automobile parking locations outside of the Town Center for recreational visitors to Woodside.
- · Recommended against holiday season exemptions to the No Parking portions of Hwy 84 between Canada Corners and Fire Station.
Education and Safety
- · Staffed table with educational materials at April 17 Environment Fair.
- · Helped staff Alameda/Woodside Rd Energizer Station on Bike to Work Day (May 13, 2010). Counted 172 people biking south on Alameda and 23 biking north between 6:20 and 9:00 a.m.
- · Counted participants in for Safe Routes to School initiative at Woodside Elementary School. On October 27th, 83 % of students walked/rode/carpooled to school.
- · Teamed with Peninsula Velo organization to brainstorm methods to improve bike/car/horse interactions in Woodside.
- · Recommended sites for use of the Town radar speed monitoring display trailer.
- · Listened to concerns of and dialogued with local clubs about mass ticketing of bicycle groups for California Vehicle Code violations.
- · Maintained liaison with local and regional bicycle organizations and groups, e.g., Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition.