Join SVBC’s Safe Routes to School team this Spring and Summer as we look to get more kids (and their parents) on bikes through interactive events and activities. Volunteering at these types of events is a great way to refresh your bicycling safety knowledge while having a great time. In the upcoming months we will host several biking events where we will teach kids safe riding techniques, proper helmet fit, basic bike maintenance, and most importantly, the fun of riding a bicycle! We will host an array of events where you may be able to volunteer and participate, including bike rodeos, family bike rides, community events, and summer camps. Take a look at the list of events we already have scheduled. Most shifts are between 2-5 hours long, but they are a full day’s worth of fun.
- April 26 – Bike Warrior Challenge in Burlingame
- May 5 – Street Alive! Parks Alive! Bike in Disguise in Belmont/Foster City/San Mateo
- May 9 – National Bike to School Day throughout Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
- May 10 – Bicycling Spring Classic held at Specialized’s Morgan Hill Headquarters
- June 30 to July 11 – Summer Bike Camps in San Jose
- May to June – Family Bike Rides throughout Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
No previous experience is necessary, just enthusiasm for teaching kids to bike safely. Please contact Ashley Hernandez if you’re interested in helping out at one of these events (or future events) and we’ll make sure to give you all the details. Email: Ashely@bikesiliconvalley.org Phone: 408-287-7259×227