Do you want to see a thriving do-it-yourself community bicycle workshop in downtown San José? Have you heard of our newly sponsored program, which provides on-the-ground support for bicyclists with free tune-ups and skill shares, and empowers riders to take charge of bicycle maintenance? Do you want to join forces and give something this holiday season to help build this gift to the bicycling community from the ground up?
Starting with its inaugural workshop event in May 2012, volunteers of San José Bike Clinic have been doing all of this and more, working towards realizing their mission “to provide a shared space for bicycle repair and education and to build a robust and diverse cycling community in San José.” With skill share events every two weeks and a mobile clinic present at San José Bike Party, and other events lined up, we have lots in store for 2013! Though the future is bright, we have miles to go before we can raise the funds we need to establish a dedicated Bike Clinic location.
Now to open its doors for good, San José Bike Clinic needs your help!
Join as a Member of San José Bike Clinic and you will receive:
- Membership card admitting free use of resources, tools, and access to events and future workshop
- For annual members and above, a corresponding complimentary membership to Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (including all SVBC membership benefits, a $35 to $1000 dollar value)
- Subscription to news about mixers, rides, educational events, and great volunteer opportunities delivered to your email
- A great chance to meet new people and network with other bike advocates and friends of San José Bike Clinic
- A swell of pride from helping to realize the dream of an open bike repair workspace for the good of the San José bicycling community
- And best of all, joining San José Bike Clinic strengthens our collective power for safer, better bikes for all.